Live Show: 8/29/96
Reviewed by: Michele Liguori
Moxy Früvous appeared at the Iron Horse Music Hall once again, being
billed as "Canadian Harmonies and Hijinks". The show was scheduled to begin
at 10pm. The show actually started at 10:20pm with yEP!, who have been described
by Michele as a "barenaked phish matthews band, with slight overtones of 1970s rock".
Whew, quite a mouthful! :-)
The Frü-Four finally took the stage at 11:50pm. The venue was apparently extremely
warm and all four of our friends were sweating heavily. :)
- B Album promotion tune
- B.J. Don't Cry
- "every Thursday hit the Roxy..."
- It's Too Cold
- Gotta Get a Message to You
- As they were introducing the next song, they were talking about working
as stock clerks for a dog food manufacturer in or near Ontario:
- Jian: So you would take a 20 kilogram bag of dog food... That's 40
- Murray: That's 2 acres.
- I Love My Boss
- Greatest Man in America
- Ash Hash
- My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors
- River Valley
- Don't You Want Me [Human League]
- No, No Raja (new song, groovy middle eastern flavor)
- John Greene of yEP! joined in on keyboards.
- Video Bargainville
- King of Spain
- Green Eggs & Ham
- Love Potion #9
- Snippets of CSNY "Ohio", "Stayin' Alive", "One of Us", "Salvation", Alanis' "You Oughta Know"
- The Drinking Song
- Apparently, this song was introduced as being about war/defense/SDI/Dole/Reagan.
Some other tidbits from the performance include:
- Feel free to help contribute to this section!
Back to the main tour dates page